Are you a student of the National open university of Nigeria, NOUN? Or are you a prospective student of the institution? This article, NOUN Portal is for you.
In this article, we are going to reveal to you everything you need to know about the NOUN portal – www.nouonline.net. We will also walk you through how to make use of the NOUN student portal as a student or a prospective student.
The NOUN Portal or NOUN student portal is owned by the National open university of Nigeria. It is the gateway through which students and prospective students of the institution can register, login, do assignments (TMA), pay for school fees and so many other things.
According to wikipedia, The National Open University of Nigeria is a Federal Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution, the first of its kind in the West African sub-region. It is Nigeria’s largest tertiary institution in terms of student numbers and is popularly referred to as ‘NOUN’.
- 1 NOUN Students’ Portal
- 2 Services Available on the NOUN Portal
- 2.1 How to Apply for Admission on NOUN Portal – nouonline.net
- 2.2 How to Log in to NOUN Portal
- 2.3 How to Make Payment on NOUN Portal
- 2.4 How to Submit TMA on NOUN Portal
- 2.5 How to do Course and Exam registration on www.nouonline.net
- 2.6 How to view your Exam Results and TMA Scores on NOUN portal
- 3 Conclusion
NOUN Students’ Portal
To access the NOUN portal, visit www.nouonline.net. It will take you to the homepage as shown below if you are using a computer.
However, if you are using a mobile phone, it will present you with a page as shown below.
For mobile phone users, to be able to see all the menu, click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen. See photo below:
Services Available on the NOUN Portal
Below are the things you can do on the nouonline.net portal as a student, prospective student or staff:
- Application for admission
- Logging in to your portal
- Payment of fees
- Submission of Tutor marked assignment (TMA)
- Course and exam registration; Semester and Project registration
- Creation of Students profile
- Viewing of TMA and exam scores etc
How to Apply for Admission on NOUN Portal – nouonline.net
Note: We are going to be using a mobile phone for the pictorial illustrations. If you are using a computer, it is much straight forward and easier and follows the same process with the mobile phone.
Remember you don’t need JAMB to apply for admission in NOUN.
To apply for admission into the National open university of Nigeria:
- visit the portal www.nouonline.net www.nouonline.net
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen for mobile phone users. It will bring out the photo below
- Then Click on Admissions as shown below.
Clicking on Admissions will take you to the page below:
- Click on Apply. You will be presented with the menu below.
- Click on Apply for an Undergraduate Programme, Apply for a Postgraduate Programme or Apply for a PhD Programme as the case may be.
NOTE: For the purpose of this tutorial, we are going with undergraduate programme.
- Now click on Apply for an Undergraduate Programme as shown above. It will take you to the menu below. Then Click on OK to continue to NOUN admission application Portal.
- After clicking OK, you will be presented with the NOUN admission application page. Scroll down till you see undergraduate programmes as shown below.
- Click on the faculty in which the course you want to apply for falls under. Let us choose Faculty of Agriculture for the purpose of this tutorial.
- After selecting your faculty, it will take you to a new page where you can choose the course you want to apply for. On that new page, scroll down till you see Undergraduate programmes. See Illustration below.
- Then choose the particular course you want to apply for depending on the faculty you have chosen. The courses above are under the faculty of Agriculture because that is what we are working with.
- After selecting the particular course you want to apply for, you will be presented with a new page as shown below.
- Click on the box to choose Level
There are two levels – 100L for O’Level holders and 200L for Direct entry applicants (OND, NCE, etc). We will be working with 100 level.
However, if you are a direct entry applicant, choose 200 Level and follow the same process.
Clicking on the box above will present you with the pop up menu below. And so we choose 100 Level and click on Submit.
- This takes us to a new page with the requirements for the particular course. Endeavor to read the requirements thoroughly to avoid mistakes. See image below
- After going through the requirements and you met up with them, click on the apply button below it. You will be presented with where you can fill your NOUN Admission application form on the NOUN portal. See illustration below.
- Fill the form above. Ensure you do not make any typographical error so you won’t encounter any issue during screening. Also use a working email address because you will be making use of it all through your duration in the school. If You do not have an email address, try and create one free of charge.
- After filling the form, enter the captcha in the box provided for and click on Apply
NOTE: NIN is not compulsory.
- It will return you back to the application form. Scroll down to see your application ID as shown below. Then Click on Continue.
- After clicking on continue, it will redirect you to a page where you will generate RRR (Remita Retrieval referance) of N5000, being your application fee. See image below.
- Fill the form correctly and click on Pay. This will redirect you to Remita homepage where you will generate the RRR number. You will notice a small increase in the amount. That is because of VAT (Value added tariff). So make sure you go to the bank with change as the bank may not give you change.
- Click on submit. It will take you to the payment page as in the image below.
- Click on the box marked red and select bank branch
- Then click on Pay NGN5188.13 (depending on the amount on the Remita).
- It will present you with the RRR as below. Copy it out correctly and take it to ANY commercial bank near you and make your payment.
What to do When you get to the Bank
After generating your RRR from NOUN Portal (nounonline.net) for NOUN admission, take it to any commercial bank near you.
- Ask them if they offer Remita service. If yes, get a teller from them and fill, using your RRR as account number. If they do not offer Remita service or their network is bad, try another bank.
- After filling the teller for NOUN application, take it to them and pay
- If you encounter any issue with filling the teller, ask any staff of the bank.
- wait for them to give you a print-out of the remita payment form.
- Keep it safe as this is the evidence of your payment and will be required during screening.
What to do After Payment of NOUN Application Form
After paying for NOUN admission application form, you are to do the following:
- Go back to NOUN Portal ( www.nouonline.net ).
- Click on Admissions
- Click on Apply
- Click on Apply for Undergraduate programmes
- Click on OK
The above steps have been explained earlier.
- Then Click on Continue after payment
- Scroll down if you are using a phone. You will see the below screen
- Enter the RRR of the payment you just made
- select the Programme you chose during application
- Select the level you chose during application
- click on proceed
- A form will be presented to you. Fill it correctly and print or save it for future printing.
- Submit the form and print your NOUN admission letter.
- Take the admission letter, the application form and other documents to the study center you chose for screening.
How to Log in to NOUN Portal
To login to NOUN Portal, follow these steps:
- Visit NOUN Portal: www.nouonline.net
- You may be presented with a captcha. Click on I am Human.
- It will take you to the page below.
Read the instruction on top of the captcha carefully and perform the action required of you.
- Click on next when you are done. Finish up and click on Verify. This is a security feature.
- Click on Students
- Click on Login
- Enter your Matric Number
- Enter your Password
- Click on submit
This will take you to your profile on NOUN Portal.
How to Make Payment on NOUN Portal
To make payment on NOUN Portal, follow these steps:
- Login as explained above
- Click on ewallet
- Click on Generate remita number
- Fill the form and put the amount you wish to pay, following the same process as stated above during application for admission
- Copy the RRR and take to the bank for payment.
- After payment, Login to your Portal again and repeat steps 1 and 2 above.
- Then Select, Credit RRR
- When it opens, scroll down, and enter your matric number and the RRR in the spaces provided
- Click on credit RRR payment
- The payment will be credited to your NOUN Portal. Note that you may need to try more than once before it gets credited to your NOUN Portal.
How to Submit TMA on NOUN Portal
The TMA (Tutor Marked Assignment) is National open university’s continuous assessment, test or quiz. It comprises 30% of students’ exams. See how to submit TMA on nouonline net portal below:
- Log in to your NOUN Portal
- Click on Take TMA
- You would be prompted to login again. Enter your matric number and password and click on submit.
- The TMA page opens on the NOUN Portal. Scroll down if you are using a phone.
- Your NOUN TMA Portal will take you to a page as shown below.
- Then swipe left, in the direction of the arrow in the image above to be able to see your TMA links. It will look like the page below.
- On each course, click on TMA1, TMA2, or TMA3, depending on the one in progress. In the case of the image above, TMA2 is in progress.
- Answer the objective questions and click on submit for each question answered.
- Click on end when done with each course and move to the next course till you are done with all.
How to do Course and Exam registration on www.nouonline.net
To be able to register for courses and exams on NOUN portal, you need to fund your ewallet first and do your semester registration. The steps have been discussed above. after which, follow these steps to register for courses and exams.
For course registration:
- Login to your NOUN portal via nouonline.net
- Click on Registration
- Click on Register courses
- Select your level and click on submit
- Scroll down if you are using a phone and click on Proceed
- A list of all the courses available for your course of study and the level you chose will be presented to you. Highlight the ones you wish to register and submit.
For Exam Registration on NOUN Portal:
- Login to your portal via nouonline.net
- Click on Registration
- Click on Register Exams
- Select your level and click on submit
- Scroll down if you are using a phone and click on Proceed
- A list of all your registered courses which you have not registered for exams will appear.
- Select the ones you want to register and submit.
NOTE: Exam registration is N1000 for each course.
Course registration varies according to course credit load.
Course registration is N2000 for each 1unit or 2units course, and N2500 for each 3units course etc
How to view your Exam Results and TMA Scores on NOUN portal
To view your TMA scores on the portal:
- Login to your NOUN students portal
- Click on Tasks
- Select TMA scores. Your TMA scores will be shown to you live on nouonline net portal.
To view your Exam result, follow steps 1 to 2, then select Exam Results.
A lot of things can be done on the National open university students Portal, ranging from logging in, NOUN admission application, payment of NOUN school fees, submission of TMA etc.
Staff of the National Open University of Nigeria can also login to their own portal through nouonline net portal.
I believe I have done justice to this topic, however, the NOUN Portal is very vast and cannot be covered in one article.
Hence, if you have any question regarding the National Open university of Nigeria, NOUN portal, nouonline net, etc, feel free to ask through the comment box.
Do you like our services and wish to appreciate us?
Don’t worry, the best way to appreciate us is to use any of the share buttons below to share this post with your friends. Remember there is love in sharing.
Remember to also follow our Facebook Page to be the first to get our latest updates.
Do you have any question about NOUN Portal, NOUN Students portal login, nouonline net, etc? Do well to ask us using the comment box and we shall respond to you as fast as possible.