“Yaba College of Technology, YABATECH Screening Procedures for 2020/2021 Fresh ND Full-Time Students”
The management of Yaba College of Technology, YABATECH wishes to inform the newly admitted students into her National Diploma (ND) Programme that the screening exercise has commenced.
Note that only those who have paid the stipulated acceptance fee will be allowed to partake in the screening exercise.
The screening exercise is scheduled to hold thus:
- Wednesday, 2nd January, 2020: online uploading of documents and screening exercise commences.
- Friday, 1st February, 2020: Screening exercise ends.
YABATECH ND Screening Requirements
“Listed below are the necessary documents required for the screening exercise. Note that all candidates are expected to present both the photocopies and the originals of these documents as listed below:
- Biodata form printout.
- Result checker scratch cards.
- JAMB UTME Result Printout.
- O’level Results or Certificates (SSCE, NECO, NABTEB etc.) to be verified and confirmed by the students’ records department. (N.B: copy of original certificates must be uploaded for results obtained earlier than 2013).
- Post-UTME screening print out.
- Secondary school Testimonial.
- JAMB Admission letter.
- Acceptance fee receipt.
- Payment History Print out.
- Birth certificate gotten from National population Commission (NPC), hospital and Local government, and
- Two reference letters duly signed with stamp/seal from any two of the following:
- A lawyer.
- Senior civil servant not below grade level 12.
- Principal of your secondary school.”
Do not forget that YABATECH does accept certificate of origin. It does not also accept age declaration or affidavit in place of birth certificate. If you don’t have a birth certificate you can go to any government health centre and apply for one. That was how I got mine during my time because mine was nowhere to be found.
You are also expected to go with two scratch cards if you are combining two results. The two scratch card are for the two different results.
Some Reasons Why an Admitted Candidate May not be Cleared
- Wrong UTME subjects combination for the chosen course of study.
- Variation in the submitted documents and the verified results.
- Impersonation of any kind.
- Inconsistent date of birth (a situation whereby the date of birth on one document is different from the one on others.
- Incomplete documents, etc.
Congratulations to the admitted students as I wish you a successful clearance
My Advice for you
Always greet anybody you meet in any office and put on a smiling face in the course of your clearance/screening. The screening process can be frustrating most times but do not let it weigh you down.
Some screening officers can be so rude and mean. Try to play smart with them but do not try to outsmart them because they have been in the game for long.
I have passed through that road and succeeded. I know you can do it too.
Note that until you have been cleared and assigned a registration/matriculation number, you are not considered a bonafide student yet. That is why you need to take the screening exercise as serious as you took the UTME and the post-UTME.
I wish you a successful screening.
If this post was helpful to you, please share with your friends because they may need it too. You can share it on facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or SMS by clicking any of the share buttons below or by the left side of your screen.