Harvard University Scholarships Opportunities 2022/2023 |UPDATED
Are you dreaming of studying abroad without having to pay a dime? Do you possess all it takes to win a scholarship to study in the United States of America?
If yes, this article is strictly for you as we shall be discussing one of the world’s highly-rated scholarship programs.
The Harvard Scholarship Program provides you with the opportunity to realize your dream of schooling abroad with all fees been taken care of.
What’s all about Harvard scholarships, what are the criteria you should possess, what courses can you study via the program? All of these and more will be discussed extensively, but before then, here’s a bit of information you should know about Harvard University’s history and what it represents.
Established in 1936, Harvard University is no doubt one of the oldest higher institutions in the world. It didn’t just stop at being the oldest in America, but also serves as a large contributor to the country’s booming economy.
One of the most impressive facts about this institution is the welcoming atmosphere it provides to students from other countries.
It ensures that all students are treated equally, hence the reason behind students’ desire to further their education in the US-based institution.
Devoted to promoting intercultural relationships among students, Harvard University ensures that both America citizens and foreign scholars enjoy equal opportunity to thrive in their chosen career.
Known for its academic excellence, the university ensures that you can pursue your Bachelor’s degree, Doctorate degree, and Graduate degree irrespective of the country you belong to. It is also known for its untiring role in building future leaders who will help in making the world a better place to live in.
This is how far we can go regarding Harvard University’s history. However, you can click here to discover all the events leading to the creation of the University and how it attains its present mind-blowing status.
Harvard University Scholarship Programs
It will interest you to know that the first Harvard’s scholarship fund was gotten in 1643 alongside a gift from Ann Radcliffe and Lady Molson.
Since then, lots of students from across the globe have benefited from the program. In fact, your financial background won’t play a single role in determining your chances gaining admission into the University.
This is because all that concerns the institution is your creativity and your ability to make the world a better place. Your tuition fee will be settled completely by the administration as soon as you are confirmed as winner of any of the university’s scholarship and fellowship programs.
It is also important you know that either of the two aforementioned financial aiding programs covers all tuition fees, and some other unforeseen expenses.
Interestingly, you have a very bright chance of profiting from at least a scholarship program as it is believed that over 70% of Harvard students are being sponsored through any of these financial programs.
Just as mentioned above, the University ensures there is equality among all students which means both foreign and US citizens must meet the same requirements to enjoy this breathtaking opportunity.
Harvard University Scholarships Programs and How To Apply
There are quite a large number of Scholarship programs you can enjoy as Harvard student if you follow the right application process.
This aspect of the write-up is dedicated to letting you know all the scholarship programs available to all Harvard University students and how they can apply successfully. See the list below:
1. The Michel David-Weill Scholarship
This is definitely one of the most sought-after scholarships among Harvard students because of the huge amount of money ($80,000) involved in it.
The Michel David-Weill Scholarship is only open to fresher(s) who are just gaining admission into the citadel of learning.
Though every fresher is advised to apply for this scholarship, American citizens have better chances of being picked by the organizers.
The things you must possess to stand a chance of benefitting from this program include the following:
- Being an American citizen is a massive advantage
- You must be an undergraduate
- You must be ready to pursue your masters degree in science Po in France — Paris precisely. Begin your hunt for this mouth-watering scholarship today by clicking here.
2. Harvard University Life Science Scholarship
Harvard University Life Science Scholarship is offering you the opportunity to benefit from the University’s Blavatnik Fellowship in Life Science Entrepreneurship.
You have all the rights to enjoy this fellowship program as long as you meet all the requirements. Talking of the requirements, one of them is that you must be a HBS MBA Alumni. This means undergraduates are automatically ruled out of this program.
The benefits you stand to enjoy from this scholarship includes a stipend worth the sum of $95,000 (monthly for twelve months), and undeniable access to working capitals in some business-related fields.
You are advised to meet all of the requirements below to stand a chance:
- You must be HBS MBA alumni
- The space between the year of graduation and the year you are applying for this scholarship shouldn’t exceed seven years.
Do you possess the criteria discussed above? Why not apply for this lovely post-graduate scholarship today – by clicking here — to boost your business career.
3. Harvard Population and Development Studies Fellowship
This fellowship is strictly for PhD. candidates as it is only meant for researchers in the medical industry.
Accessible to both US citizens and foreign researchers, the Harvard Population and Development Studies Fellowship is a doctoral scholarship program that allows participants to have free access to the University’s library and other research-enhancing equipments for two years.
Travel allowance, monthly sum of $60,000, and access to the institution’s health insurance system are other benefits attached to this program. It is available to both American citizens and foreign researchers (students).
- The major criterion needed for this offer is that you must be a Ph. D candidate.
Meanwhile, you can visit the program’s registration portal today by clicking here.
4. Harvard University Environmental Fellowship
The fourth on the list of Scholarship programs available to Harvard’s students is the Harvard University Environmental Fellowship.
This is another breathtaking fellowship that offers students the chance to be placed on $66,000 annual salary.
It also covers at least $2500 from all your traveling and other course-related expenses. You will equally be a beneficiary from the Harvard’s health insurance program as soon as your application is accepted.
However, it is only open to students engaged Environment-related courses such as Toxicology, environmental biology among others.
- It’s available to all students whether citizen or not.
Indeed, there is no special requirement except studying environment-related courses. To be a part of this scholarship, you should endeavor to visit the program’s official page.
5. Soon Young Kim Postdoctoral Fellowships
This is a fellowship program created for the benefit of students in the postdoctoral category. Organized by the ‘The Korea Institute at Harvard University’, this scholarship is aimed at helping Ph.D. students carry out their researches without financial constraints.
Though the University’s financial aid department doesn’t have a say on how the money is being disbursed to qualified students, it is still believed that the management of the institution supported the initiative.
With this scholarship, a qualified candidate will have the chance of getting $50,000 to boost his career.
- You must be involved in the University’s PhD program.
- An undertaking that your PhD program will be completed in five years.
Do you have much interest in this scholarship and you possess the two criteria listed above? Then, follow this link to kickstart your application process.
6. Harvard Business School Forward Fellowship (HBS Forward Fellowship)
This is another fellowship program that is being controlled by the Harvard Business School. Unlike many fellowships that are unstable and irregular, the HBS Forward Fellowship is annual program aimed at helping the underprivileged students.
Students from poor backgrounds are the ones to benefit from this scholarship scheme, hence, not all students are eligible.
You, as a qualified applicant, could be awarded a scholarship that ranges between $10,000 and $20,000 depending on multiple circumstances.
- You must be in need of this aid as a result of some financial difficulties.
- Evidence to show that you are from a not-too-rich family.
- You are involved in a MBA program at the Harvard Business School
Visit the scholarship’s official website to begin your application procedures as soon as possible.
7. Harvard University Undergraduate Scholarship
Just as the name implies, this scholarship is meant for undergraduate students ONLY. It has no regard for student’s origin as both citizens and international students are liable to receive the same amount of financial aid.
Nonetheless, students who are in dire need of financial help are advised to apply for this program because they stand better chance of being chosen.
Through this scholarship program, successful applicants will receive at least $12,000 annually for four years.
- You must be an undergraduate
- You must be a newly enrolled student
- You must possess documents that reveal your urgent need for financial aid. Click here to begin your application process.
8. Scholarship for International Students
It will interest you to know that Harvard University also gives room for some countries to award scholarships to their students studying in the institution. Some of the scholarship programs for international students are briefly discussed below:
- Frank Boas Scholarship: This is an annual scholarship program available to a lucky Belgium or Luxembourg citizen who is in the school for his or her graduate studies.
- Harvard University Native American Program (HUNAP) Fellowships and Grants: This one is strictly for American citizens who are in the research field.
- Harvard Clubs of Germany: This scholarship is mainly for Germany internationals who can prove their status as eligible Harvard students. The program (which is worth 10,000 EUR) will benefit just two students. Therefore, you are advised to apply as soon as possible.
- Fulbright Program/Institute of International Education (IIE): This is a scholarship program that will settle your tuition fee as long as your country is included in the Fulbright commission’s plans.
- Aga Khan Scholarship: This Scholarship program is limited to a very few number of students who are engaged in the doctoral program.
It is only open to students, from under-developed and developing countries, who are battling some financial difficulties.
Its application process often comes up between June and July, so you are advised to be on the lookout for the next edition.
Note that this is more or less like a 50% grant and a 50% loan scholarship which you might need to pay the loan part at a stipulated time. Visit here to apply for the next edition of the scholarship program.
Having discussed the Harvard Scholarship and how to apply for each of them, you should also get used to the University’s admission procedures and the things you must possess to gain admission. We shall be discussing this part of the article in three categories for more understanding. The three categories include Undergraduate, Graduate, and the Doctoral admission programs. The admission process for undergraduate students is believed to be the most stressful of the three categories because there are many documents to sign. Luckily, we’ve made things easier for you. All you need to do is just click on this link to commence your admission registration.
Harvard University Admission: Procedures and Requirements
Undergraduate Admission Process
The Requirements for Undergraduate Admission
Having discussed the Harvard Scholarship and how to apply for each of them, you should also get used to the University’s admission procedures and the things you must possess to gain admission.
We shall be discussing this part of the article in three categories for more understanding. The three categories include Undergraduate, Graduate, and the Doctoral admission programs.
The admission process for undergraduate students is believed to be the most stressful of the three categories because there are many documents to sign.
Luckily, we’ve made things easier for you. All you need to do is just click on this link to commence your admission registration.
Your overall score in the two subject tests should be officially submitted to the Harvard admission committee by the testing agency to boost your chances of being admitted.
It is advisable you submit your two subjects test score and your ACT or SAT result in October in order to avoid “rush reporting”
List of Courses You Can Study As Harvard Undergraduate Student
There are lots of courses you can study via the Harvard University Undergraduate program. Courses like Anthropology, Applied Mathematics Bioengineering, Physical Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Biology, African studies and African-American studies are all obtainable.
You can explore this link to see more of the courses available to all undergraduate students.
Graduate Admission Process
Graduate Admission process is a bit easier than the undergraduate program, although, there are few documents you still need to sign.
Just as we have it in other well-known institutions across the world, Harvard University consists of multiple graduate schools.
You are therefore advised to choose the one that best suits your career path. Below is the conclusive list of all the available Harvard graduate schools.
- Harvard Graduate School of Design
- Harvard Business School
- American Repertory Theatre
- Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine
- Harvard Divinity School
- Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Science
- Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Kennedy School
- Harvard Law School
- Harvard Medical School
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Click on any of the graduate schools above to learn more about it and how you can successfully apply.
Requirements for Graduate Admission
The following are the criteria you should possess to gain admission into any of the Harvard Graduate schools above.
- US Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from recognized university.
- Being a foreign student, your undergraduate degree must be equivalent to the US bachelor’s degree.
- Do not forget all other important documents including your CV.
List of Courses Available In Graduate Program
The following courses are available to post-graduate students who are interested in furthering their education at Harvard University.
- Advanced Graduate Education
- Applied Mathematics
- Landscape Architecture
- Applied Math
- African and African-American studies
- Urban Planning
You can decide to see more of the courses available to all graduate students here.[/su_list]
Doctoral Admission Process
This is the last part of this segment and it is equally the highest level of education you can attain at the Harvard University.
Just like the two categories discussed earlier, the Doctoral program is open to both national and international students who meet the requirements.
It will interest you to know that undergraduate students in their final year are eligible to apply for the doctoral program as it is permitted by the university administrators.
Requirements for Doctoral Admission
The following criterion is a must for everyone who is hoping to gain admission into the Harvard University for his or her doctoral program.
- Bachelor’s degree
- A well written Resume
- All university degrees and courses transcripts (official transcripts is compulsory if you’re going for PhD programs while Self-reported transcripts is acceptable if you going for DBA programs)
- Statement of Purpose
- All transcripts must be uploaded to the online application system.
- GMAT or GRE, and TOEFL scores are extremely important and must be submitted via the online application system.
- Three letters of recommendation from bona-fide academic source must be submitted through the online portal. Note that hard copies of the recommended letters are unacceptable.
- You are expected to pay a sum of $105 through your credit card as application fee.
List of Courses Available In Doctoral Program
Take a look at the following list of courses you can study via the Harvard University’s Doctoral Program.
- PhD in Social Policy
- Doctor of Design
- PhD in Political Economy & Government.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Doctor of Theology
- PhD in Public Policy
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Education Leadership.
- Doctor of Juridical Science.
There are more to the Harvard University than its academic excellence. Explore its gorgeous environment and its awesome extra-curricular activities.
However, don’t forget to improve your education career by taking advantage of the numerous scholarship programs discussed above.
We wish you the very best of luck in all your academic endeavors and we hope to see you at the top soon!
- 1 Harvard University Scholarship Programs
- 2 Harvard University Scholarships Programs and How To Apply
- 3 1. The Michel David-Weill Scholarship
- 4 The Requirements
- 5 2. Harvard University Life Science Scholarship
- 6 The Requirements
- 7 3. Harvard Population and Development Studies Fellowship
- 8 4. Harvard University Environmental Fellowship
- 9 5. Soon Young Kim Postdoctoral Fellowships
- 10 6. Harvard Business School Forward Fellowship (HBS Forward Fellowship)
- 11 7. Harvard University Undergraduate Scholarship
- 12 8. Scholarship for International Students
- 13 Harvard University Admission: Procedures and Requirements
- 14 Undergraduate Admission Process
- 15 List of Courses You Can Study As Harvard Undergraduate Student
- 16 List of Courses Available In Graduate Program
- 17 Doctoral Admission Process
- 18 Requirements for Doctoral Admission
- 19 List of Courses Available In Doctoral Program
- 20 Conclusion