Buick Achievers Scholarship Program 2020/2021 how to apply
The Buick Achievers Scholarship program was introduced to help students, who have little or no source of finance to attend the University or College in the United States of America.
Applicants may be undergraduates, high school seniors or high school graduates who are just about to further their education to the University level.
However, not just anyone can apply for this particular Scholarship. Reason being that, the scholarship is only awarded to candidates who have proven to deserve it more.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program will be giving out grants of almost $25,000 to all successful candidates. Your academic Performances and Achievement over the previous years will be used as a major criteria for the scholarship.
Also, like I said earlier, the candidates who have very low chance of attending a University due to lack of Financial Support, will be given special preference . We will give you more details in subsequent subheadings.
The Buick Achievers Scholarship Program is proudly sponsored by the General Motors(GM) Foundation, to render financial assistance to indigent students of the United States of America. Take note that the kinds of students that are eligible to apply have been specified in the second paragraph.
The Sponsors – General Motors Foundation.
The scholarship program is funded by the General Motors Foundation. The organization has, since 1976, been giving out disaster relief support, rendering help to the needy and also donating to support Mass Education.
Geeral Motors Foundation does not offer Scholarships directly to students, but goes through the Middleman way. That is, they give funds to organizations that offer Scholarship Programs to indigent students. An example of such programs is the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program.
The Organizers – Buick Achievers Scholarship
Buick Achievers Scholarship Program was launched in 2011, and has ever since awarded scholarships worth over $28 million to a total of 3,450 students.
The Scholarship Programs are renewable for a maximum of 4 years to obtain a University degree. However, this system doesn’t apply to engineering programmes which last for a duration of 5 years. Therefore, engineering students are granted scholarships which are renewable for a maximum of 5 years.
In addition, not all scholarships are renewable. Some of the qualifying candidates are given a one-time Scholarship benefit , while the others enjoy renewed benefits as explained in the preceding paragraph.
In fact, the Buick Achievers Scholarships recently awarded a total of 1,100 scholarships to indigent students.
1,000 scholarships out of the number were a one time gift of $2,000 to each successful candidate. The remaining hundred were renewable scholarships worth a total of $25,000 per year.
Buick Achievers 2020 Scholarship Worth.
This year, the organization will be awarding as high as 50 scholarships worth a total of up to $25,000.
Good news this year is that, all the 50 scholarships are renewable for up to 4 years for non-engineering students and 5 years for engineering students.
Eligibility to Apply
Before you can proceed to the scholarship application portal, you need to check and confirm if you are eligible. I will be giving you a list of the criteria you will need to judge yourself.
To apply for the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program , the applicant must;
- Be a United States Citizen and in addition have a permanent residence in the States or Puerto Rico
- Be a high school senior, high school graduate or a university undergraduate. High school juniors are in no way allowed to apply.
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0(for current university undergraduates only. The GPA specified above only serve as a benchmark for the application. Having a higher one gives a better chance of securing the scholarship.
- Be ready to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Design related courses or programmes
- Plan to enroll in a full time undergraduate programme in any college or university located in the United States or Puerto Rico. Online and Proprietary institutions are not accepted at all.
- Be ready to pursue a career in the automotive or related industries after the completion of the programme.
Method of Application
If you have read the previous sections and confirmed that you are eligible, then the next step is to apply for the scholarship.
Registration is very fast and easy. There are three processes involved.
- First, go to https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/register.php , and apply as an applicant.
N.B: Make sure you use an active email address and provide all your correct information wherever they are needed in the application form.
- After that, a mail will be sent to the email address provided. You are to activate your account by confirming the mail.
- Lastly, you have to complete your application process by providing needed information about yourself, your family and your academic performances. In the next heading, l will tell you every document you will need for the scholarship application.
Supporting documents are specified documents required for the completion of the scholarship application process. The following documents are needed to proceed with the application;
- Your Parents/guardian’s financial information making use of their most recent tax payment document. However, if you are an independent student, then your personal financial information will be required.
- A detailed list containing your work experience and participation in various school and community activities.
- Your transcript of grades(Note that online transcripts must show student’s name, school name, grade and credit hours for each subject/course and term/semester the course was taken).
Presently, the deadline for Buick Achievers Scholarship application is February 27 yearly. This means that the deadline is usually fixed at February for every year the registration is ongoing.
But you can only get this information from us by subscribing to our newsletter.
For further enquiries or questions, send a mail to email@example.com or cal 1-800-537-4180
Also, if you need more information on the Buick Achievers Scholarship,visit https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/
Buick Achievers Scholarship FAQs
We received some questions from interested applicants concerning the Buick Achievers Scholarship Program. They kept on coming ad we decided to make their questions general and also included our reply in it.
No, you can’t. The Buick Achievers Scholarship program is opened only to American students who are citizens and have obtained a permanent residence in any of its 50 states or Puerto Rico.In summary, international students are not eligible to apply for the scholarship program.
Since the Buick Achievers scholarship is worth around $25,000 and is to be distributed amongst 50 students, it means that each student gets to take $500 per year for 4 years.
No! You aren’t required to do so. No one will ask for your money to register. Everything is absolutely free. All you need to do is to register for the scholarship with your correct details.
Forging or Faking of any document or information whatsoever is highly prohibited. The organizers frown at any act of such.
Yes, you can still apply. But have it in mind that you will stop receiving grants as soon as you obtain a Bachelor’s degree in your current programme.
I will explain this one more time. To register for the Buick Achievers sch program 2020, go to the registration portal at https://buickachievers.scholarshipamerica.org/register.php
Provide the correct information wherever it is required. And please use an active email address.
Activate your account by confirming your email address. Then, you will have to provide supporting documents, which includes your parents/guardian’s financial information (or yours if you are an independent student), your work experience, and your grade transcript.
You are experiencing this because the Buick Achievers scholarship program application for the year under review closes on the 27th February, and the might be you are applying after the deadline . But don’t worry, we will let you know as soon as the next programme application is ongoing.
Am Ike Michael , i love to write articles that will be helpful to educational community as relates to business, health, general information. currentschoolgist.com is a blog design not only to help students only, but also to help you know when your school of choice are open for registration.
feel free to contact me on Facebook, pinterest, Twitter or LinkedIn. For those who will love to contact me on dribbble or vk you can do that as well as i will be ready to still share some valuable information on all educational topics in Nigeria.