Easy Physician Assistant PA Institutions You Can Apply For In 2021/2022 full list
Securing a spot to study in a Physician Institution is quite stressful, according to Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA).
The qualifications for a physician assistant in any institution can also be demanding to accomplish. Nevertheless, some physician assistant institutions have put certain conditions into deliberation.
This guide gives you an insight that will make it easy for you to secure a spot as a physician assistant school this year.
The common problem most students who want to drive deeper into medical line face is the low rate of acceptance by the schools.
The majority of these PA institutions request for many documents and other details of academic performance from applicants.
- Yes, these are measures to accept only the outstanding students, it can be unfavorable and discouraging to others. Our team understands the negative impacts this could have. They went further to compile a list of Physician Assistant Schools that won’t give you much stress before you can be admitted.
Would you like to know about the easy PA school that won’t give you too much stress to secure admission into? Keep reading. In this article are the lists and the basic requirements.
Physician Assistant Schools, what are they?
People who desire to create awareness regarding ways to avoid maladies and all sorts of ailments but don’t have all the qualifications to attend a medical school can become Physician Assistants.
Generally, Physician Assistants are medical experts who work under a doctor’s guidance.
To acquire the fundamental training, candidates must take part in an accredited Physician Assistant program. After a period of time, they must write the state licensure. This permits them to practice in any healthcare facility.
In other words, Physician Assistant institutions organize programs that are grouped into didactic and clinical experiences. Anyone who completes the programs offered by these schools can get the license to practice as a Physician Assistant.
Do Online Entry Level Physician Assistant Programs Exist?
Yes, they work perfectly. The entry level is available online. You can find them. If you complete the Physician Assistants assignments, you can become a member of the Physician Assistant profession – starting from the entry level.
Although Physician Assistants are not recognized as doctors – they are only expected to acquire a master degree. Yet, they still get adequate training and receive the license to perform different important tasks. These tasks include:
- Prescription of medications.
- Pre and post operative care.
- Diagnosis of injuries and illnesses.
- Giving counsel to patients about treatment and care options.
- Creating and implementation of treatment plans.
Entry level Physician Assistant programs
Here are some entry level Physician Assistant programs you can consider:
- University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.
- The Touro College and University System.
- University of North Dakota.
The acceptance rate of most PA Schools – Some statistics.
As it’s not an easy task for students to gain admission into a PA School, this translates to the program having a low acceptance rate.
Statistically, some Physician Assistants institution acceptance rates are up to 20% or they can be as low as 0.8%. In line with a recent research by the PAEA [Physician Assistants Education Association], the acceptance rate for these schools averages 20%.
Requirements for PA Schools with low GPA
Almost all Physician Assistants schools have a certain GPA as part of their admission requirements. As it is a good criteria, it could also discourage people who really have passion for the position but lacks the required academic requirements.
Moreover, there are some Physician Assistant Schools that accept even low GPA. A candidate with a GPA than the average 3.0 can still be considered. They will be admitted.
PA schools that accept low GPA
Here are some of the PA schools that accept low GPA requirements:
- University of Utah.
- A.T. Still University of Health Sciences.
- Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science.
Some Physician Assistant program you can get participate in without GRE
The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is a regulated exercise that is part of the requirements for admission. It is often used for most graduate schools in Canada and the United States.
The exercise is owned and managed by the Educational Testing Service. It is a major when it comes to admission requirements for most PA institutions. With that said, there are some schools that still grant admission to students who don’t have the GRE scores.
The PA schools that don’t bother your for the GRE now becomes some of the most sort after institutions by students who don’t have it.
PA programs you can apply for with having GRE
Below are some PA programs you can apply for with having GRE:
- John’s University Physician Assistant Program.
- Loma Linda University Physician Assistant Program.
- Arkansas Colleges of Health Education.
- Marquette University Physician Assistant Program.
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program.
- University of La Verne Physician Assistant Program.
- Bethel University (Minnesota) Physician Assistant Program.
How can I get into the easiest PA Schools in ?
Like you already knew, the Physician Assistant school is not the easiest medical institution to get admission into for most students.
But you don’t have to worry, there are some PA institutions that accept application from candidates with no GRE scores or a low GPA. This could be the best option for students who don’t meet the minimum academic requirements to secure admission.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the United State recently revealed the annual wages of Physician Assistants. It was recorded to be at least $104,800 annually. This was one of the reasons why many PA institutions make their admission requirements a bit strict.
For candidates who are willing to join a Physician Assistant program, they can also apply via CASPA (a branch of PAEA). With it, they can apply for multiple programs using a single application.
In the United States, the main active national organization that represents the Physician Assistant Education Programs is the PAEA.
The Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA) is a full service which uses a web-based application system for all Physician Assistant Programs.
Easiest PA schools to secure admission
Below are some of the Physician Assistant institutions that are easy to join with their admission requirements. Keep reading!
1. Western University of Health Sciences PA School
Students who graduate from the Western University of Health Science Physician Assistance program are prepared to be competent and practical in established clinical science. The Physician Assistance course can be completed within 24 months.
The course would also help them develop their communication and interpersonal skills. Students who go through the program are effective, compassionate, effective, and patient centered.
All applicants must have enrolled and must have earned a bachelor’s degree from an authorized institution. The school accept low GPA, making it easy for students to gain admission.
2. A.T. Still University of Health Sciences PA School
This university don’t stress students too much to be admitted into it. It is easy. The Physician Assistant program here is offered as an Advance Masters in Physician Assistant studies. Its course of study consists skill level and clinical knowledge of practicing PAs.
At the A.T. Still University of Health Sciences PA School, students are required to do key courses in healthcare delivery system, ethical issues, and also evidence-based clinical and medicine research design.
The program is only designs for certified or licensed PAs.
The admission requirements for A.T. Still University of Health Sciences PA School are:
- A minimum GPA of 2.50.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a college or university, regionally accredited.
- Some official transcripts.
- Applicants must have graduated an accredited PA program.
3. Loma Linda University PA Schools
Here is another University that offers great PSA courses, and admission is easy. The core aim of the PA program offered by Loma Linda University is to raise PAs who would provide good healthcare to the public.
Every graduates from the institution acquire skills that he’ll them become more compassionate and capable of delivering standard healthcare, both nationally and internationally.
To secure admission into Loma Linda University PA Schools is easy. Below are some admission requirements:
- A minimum GPA point of 3.0.
- A solid foundation in Science and a Bachelor degree.
- 3 letters of Acknowledgement.
- General education and courses in science is vital. C grades would not be considered.
- Candidates must have passed through 2,000 hours of hands-on patient care before been considered. The experience is essential.
4. University of New England PA School
The University of England is among one of the Physician Assistant institutions that doesn’t have too strict admission requirements. Initially, what the school does is that it runs a Master of Science Physician Assistant program that can be accomplished within 2 years, on a full-time basis.
The main objective of the Physician Assistant course is to build up a strong team that will be capable of taking care of patients during their coursework and clinical practices. Students who take part in this program are expected to undergo some solid foundation in Pathophysiology and Science.
This training helps students acquire useful knowledge that will allow then tackle disease processes as well as clinical medicine.
To study for the Physician Assistant program at the University of New England requires a moderate GPA, a minimum of of 3.0. The school also doesn’t mandate that students have the Graduate Record Examination score as admission requirement.
Below is what is required from students for the PA Program:
- 3 letters of Acknowledgement.
- Five hundred hours of direct patient care.
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA (cumulative and science).
- Physician Assistant shadowing for nothing less than 20 hours.
5. Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science PA School
The Rosalind Franklin University organizes a quality PA program that gives students practical knowledge that enhance their competency and ethical medical care. All these and many more are accomplished via the great lectures offered in a ultra-modern labs.
The vital goal of the school’s Physician Assistant program is to produce Physician Assistants that will become key members of the inter-professional health care team. Any individual or student who has undergo program here are qualified to offer high quality and patient-centered care..
In addition, to secure admission for the PA program, students are required to be familiar with the following course (at least have a background in them):
- Introduction to Psychology.
- Human Anatomy.
- Human Physiology
- A minimum of 2.75 GPA.
- 2 letter of Acknowledgement.
- Key gradesr must be a “C” or more.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score, 50 percent or more.
- A Personal Statement.
- There will be consideration to the last sixty hours of completed coursework.
6. Thomas Jefferson University PA School
Another easy PA school to gain admission into in 2020 is the Thomas Jefferson University. The requirements are not to strict . With Thomas Jefferson University, you don’t need to stress yourself about GRE score, in fact, it is not an admission requirement.
A minimum GPA of 3.0 is required. Also, the university offers a Masters of Science for the PA program. Here, the key is to help students turn knowledge and skills into innovation with evidence in their medical practices.
The syllabus of the program are presented in a way that prepares students for being high-value clinicians that will have great influence in the healthcare and public health sectors.
Below are the requirements to secure admist into the school’s PA program:
- A minimum of 3.0 GPA.
- Official transcripts.
- Direct patient care. Although the institution recommends at least 200 hours, but that’s not mandatory.
- A Personal Statement or Essay.
7. Missouri State University PA School
The PA program offered in this school takes only 24 months to complete. The program was designed to provides students will all necessary details needed to become successful in the National Certificate Exam.
The Physician Assistance institution is easy to get admitted into. Missouri State University PA School offers a combination of quality education and practical knowledge that help its students have great didactic and clinical experiences.
Students should be expecting to learn from a set of art facility under a small-size classroom. This helps the students to get enough attention in other to improve faster during quality lactures.
Below are the necessary admission conditions you must meet:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The Graduate Record Examination [GRE] and The Medical College Admission Test [MCAT] Scores.
- 3 Letters of Acknowledgement.
8. Marquette University PA School
This PA school provides a kind of Physician Assistance program that combines the Jesuit practice with didactic knowledge via its College of Health Sciences.
The course was structured to educate students on how to take care of their patient[s]. This means ideal cognitive teachings are incorporated in order to develop individuals, emotionally, physically, and spiritually.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Completed application must be submitted to the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) results are required.
- At least 200 hours with patients and other experience in healthcare.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation.
9. Barry University Physician Assistant School
At Barry University, admission into the Physician Assistance program is stress-free. The PA school provides students with adequate knowledge that help them practice collaborative medicine.
The syllabus is focused to build up Physician Assistances that are capable of helping patients through its technologically equipped environment and clinical exposures.
Below are what you need in order to qualify for its admission offer:
- Minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Completion of prerequisites in Physiology, General or Inorganic Chemistry, Microbiology, and Human Anatomy. Together wth Chemistry orl Biochemistry.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score.
- Proof of experience in healthcare (very important).
- Official Transcripts.
10. South University Physician Assistant School
The South University PA School provides a Masters of Science degree for this program. The major goal of this program is to produce PAs who would fully understand the basics of medical theories and concepts.
The goal is achieved by providing courses which focus on monitoring, diagnostics, evaluation, and therapeutics. Students will also be taught on counselling and referral.
As one of the easiest PA Schools to get into in 2020, here are the admission requirements of the institution:
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 (Biology, Chemistry and Physics should be included).
- A reference from a Physician, nurse practitioner, or Physician Assistance that the student have worked with.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores A score of 50th percentile and above is a preference.
FAQs: Easiest PA Schools
Below are some Frequently Asked Questions and answers concerning these PA Schools.
The easiest of all the 10 is the Thomas Jefferson University PA School. The institution requires a minimum GPA of 2.75, compared to others. How easy can that be for you? Very easy.
Yes. If you earned your Bachelor’s degree online, ensure that it’s from an accredited school, and we’ll recognized. Candidates holding BSC in Chemistry, Biology or similar courses can apply for a Physician Assistant School.
Students must always have a good background in Physiology and Anatomy, Medical shorthand, and Medical Terminology before joining any Physician Assistants institution. This would them learn better and faster. Also, it is essential for candidates to review the fundaments of an EKG. Its might not sound necessary, but it will increase your chance of adapting when you get to a PA institution.
Aapa.org recently revealed that the toughest the PA classes are Anatomy, Medical Terminology, and Physiology. Therefore, its advisable for students to always learn more about this courses in other to refresh their memories.
There is no need to sugar coat it, the Physician Assistants School is tough. Also, the academics as well as the clinical experiences could be stressful, like it is to obtain it from any other Medical school.
The strict admission procedures of many PA Schools habe always been a discouraging issue for many students who aspire to become a Physician Assistants.
Some of these schools understood the struggles and adjusted accordingly. You can now gain admission into any of the PA Schools listed above without any sress. If you meet the minimum admission requirements, you can always apply for any of them.