William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
Is it your lifelong dream to study in a serene and conducive environment without any financial constraint?
Do you think you have all it takes to win a scholarship to study in a developed country? If yes then you might need to apply for the William Randolph Hearst endowed scholarship for minority students.
The scholarship is a financial aiding program that settles students’ tuition fee and related expenses, thereby helping them obtain their academic degree without any money-related difficulties and challenges.
There are many things to know about the scholarship program, so we urge you to pay attention to every bit of information in this article while we begin with what the scholarship entails.
What Is William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
It is a scholarship program based on academic excellence and financial need. It’s founded as part of the Aspen Institute’s desire to ensure that many minority students know the issues affecting philanthropy, social enterprise, nonprofit organizations, and parts of the social sector.
It is an internship/research support program open to both undergraduate and graduate students interested in making research on issues related to Philanthropy and Social Innovation (PSI)
Recipients will be given the platform to attend numerous Aspen Institute’s organized workshops and programs on Philanthropy and Social Innovation, thereby learning how to maximize the impact of foundations, nonprofit organizations, social enterprises, public-private partnerships.
- • You must be a highly motivated and determined undergraduate and graduate student from a community of color. This means you must be a motivated student from African immigrants, refugees, Latinos, etc
- • You must show interest in non-profit organizations and their programs, philanthropy, and social section.
- • You must possess impressive writing skills.
- • You must provide proof of enrollment into a university institution at the end of any semester you are applying. In other words, you must show proof for the fall semester if you are applying for the summer version of the scholarship.
- • An excellent academic record is non-negotiable.
- • You must provide proof that you need financial help.
- • You must be a US citizen or you reside in the United States permanently.
You are allowed to participate if you are approved to take part in the federal deferred action for childhood arrivals program
How to apply for William Randolph Hearst endowed scholarship for minority students
- visit the application website
- Submit an updated resume with a well-written cover letter.
- Submit an unofficial transcript, your essay (writing sample), and your recommendation letter. The recommendation letter must be obtained or given by Professor or supervisor
William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship Application website
There is no specific website designated for the application. However, you can apply by submitting all the documents and data to the organizer’s website.
What To Benefit From The William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
The program’s first benefit is the financial support you will get as a recipient. You will participate in the research and internship program without paying a dime.
Another benefit includes the opportunity to be mentored by famous and successful researchers who have all it takes to grow and influence the younger generation positively.
You will have one-on-one interactions and sessions with experts, thereby developing all the leadership traits and determination needed to succeed as a powerful role model, leader, and researcher.
Does the Scholarship Cover All Travel expenses?
No, the scholarship does not cover travel expenses, flight costs, or accommodation and feeding fees. Therefore, we advise you make financial provisions for transportation and other related expenses. You are to sponsor all the in-town movements during their internship.
Interestingly, winners will be compensated on an hourly basis in the fall, spring, and summer meaning you will have sufficient funds to cover all the bills.
Deadline Application Date
There are three application periods, including spring, summer, and fall. The spring application period is expected to elapse in November, while the summer application will stay till March. The FALL application will close in August.
You can explore any of the application periods; it’s left for you to decide which one suits your plans and schedules.
Things To Know About The Fall, Winter, And Spring Recipients
Fall and Winter/Spring recipients will work part-time (15-20 hours per week) and summer winners will be approximately 25 hours per week. As mentioned earlier, all travel and housing costs must be covered by the student.
Scholarship For International Scholarships
We’ve done justice to everything you should know about the William Randolph Hearst endowed scholarship for minority students scholarship, but we will be unfair if we fail to offer some tangible and helpful tips to international students.
As a result, below is a list of four scholarships for international students and brief details on how to apply.
1. Fulbright Foreign Student Program (USA)
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program comes first on our list of prestigious programs available to international students.
It is open to qualified international students hoping to pursue a Master’s or Ph.D. degree in the United States.
Winning this grant means you won’t have to think about your tuition, airfare, a living stipend, and health insurance because the scholarship will fund them all. Click here to learn more about the highly-rated scholarship.
2. British Chevening Scholarships (UK)
Chevening Scholarships is one of the UK government’s global scholarship programs awarded to brilliant scholars with outstanding leadership traits.
This scholarship is strictly for a one-year Master’s degree, and it covers tuition fees; a living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK; essential expenditure. You can apply for this scholarship regardless of your nationality, race, or location. Click here to view the requirements.
3. Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships (Switzerland)
Sponsored by the Swiss Government, this scholarship provides graduates the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research at any of the public-funded universities or recognized institutions in Switzerland.
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships recipients will enjoy monthly allowance, paid tuition fees, health insurance, lodging allowance, etc. You can read more details here.
4. Swedish Scholarships for International Students (Sweden)
Here is a financial aiding program available to highly-qualified international students from developing countries whose dreams involve pursuing full-time Masters Studies at Swedish Universities.
The scholarship sponsored by the Swedish Institute covers tuition fees, living expenses, travel grants, and insurance.
- 1 What Is William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
- 2 Requirements
- 3 How to apply for William Randolph Hearst endowed scholarship for minority students
- 4 William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship Application website
- 5 What To Benefit From The William Randolph Hearst Endowed Scholarship For Minority Students
- 6 Does the Scholarship Cover All Travel expenses?
- 7 Deadline Application Date
- 8 Things To Know About The Fall, Winter, And Spring Recipients
- 9 Scholarship For International Scholarships
- 10 Sources