Jason Lang Scholarship 2023
Are you looking for Canada scholarships?
Stay glued to this page as we are set to discuss one of the best scholarships available in Canada.
Jason Lang scholarship is a financial aid program that has helped students obtain Bachelor’s degree without financial difficulties in previous years.
Unfortunately, not too many people know how to benefit from this program as it is somewhat anonymous or unpopular in many countries.
This is why we have dedicated this article to discuss everything you should know about the Jason Lang scholarship program.
We will tell you what it is all about, the requirements, application procedures, the Jason Lang scholarship commencement and deadline dates.
We will equally show you how to know if you are chosen among the beneficiaries. So, let’s get down to business without taking more time
What You Need To Know About Jason Lang Scholarship
The Jason Lang scholarship is created and funded by the Alberta government through Alberta Advanced Education.
It is open to Canadian freshmen undergraduates or post-secondary students who are interested in furthering their studies in any Canadian institution.
The grant is given to successful applicants by the Alberta Heritage Scholarship Fund, while the University of Alberta is in charge of choosing the most deserving applicants.
There is a huge competition for the Jason Lang scholarship due to the huge number of applicants each year. As a result, not all eligible applicants will emerge as winners.
Therefore, you must get everything right while applying to boost your chances of being listed among the winners.
How much does the Jason Lang scholarship worth
Each Jason Lang scholarship winner is entitled to receive $1k, which is huge enough to settle some of your school fees and other related expenses.
Unfortunately, only Canadian citizens are eligible for this financial assistance program. You can equally apply for the scholarship as a permanent resident.
Meanwhile, being Alberta’s citizen further boosts your chance as it gives you a slight edge over applicants from other Canadian cities.
Jason Lang Scholarship Requirements
You must meet the following conditions, and provide the documents below before applying
- • You must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident.
- • You, your parents, or your partner must have lived in Alberta for 12 consecutive months before your post-secondary studies.
- • You need a minimum GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on at least 80% of a full-normal course loading previous term
- • You must be a full-time student in the second year of your undergraduate program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution in Alberta.
- • You are ineligible for this scholarship if you have received the Louise Mckinney scholarship.
- • You aren’t enrolled in a 1 year certificate program.
- • You are ineligible for this scholarship after winning it the third time.
- • You must provide SIN (Social Insurance Number) card and a Verification of Status document (VOS) copy.
- • Alberta Student Number (ASN) and Social Insurance Number (SIN) are necessary.
- • You are ineligible for this program if you are enrolled in Graduate Studies or Open Studies.
How many times can you receive Jason Lang scholarship?
The Jason Lang scholarship board allows you to apply on three occasions, meaning you can receive the grant three times.
How to apply for Jason Lang Scholarship 2022
• Download the application form via the scholarship’s official portal here. Alternatively, you can print the application form from bear tracks
- • Print the form, fill in all required details including your name, citizenship, address, post-secondary institution enrolment information, and other personal information.
- • Sign the form in the appropriate space.
- • Review your application and ensure every inputted data is accurate.
- • Submit the printed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.
How long does it take to receive the Jason Lang Scholarship?
The Jason Lang scholarship winners should receive their grant within 30 days of application, should everything goes on as planned. You should receive the payment in December for the fall term and March for the winter term.
You can contact the scholarship board if you didn’t receive payment after 30 or 35 days. However, confirm that you are listed among the winners before raising any alarm.
How to know if you are selected among the winners?
You are advised to keep close tabs on your email address to know your application status because you will receive mail from the scholarship board.
Alternatively, you can check your application status through your Student Centre by visiting the ‘Finance’ module. However, you will need to create a myUofC account before you can explore this method.
It’s no longer news that non-Canadian students are ineligible for this program. Nonetheless, this doesn’t mean you can’t win a scholarship as a foreign student in the North American country.
There are numerous scholarship programs you can apply for in Canada, including the Ted Rogers School of Management Undergraduate Entrance Scholarships;
Ledcor Undergraduate Scholarships in Construction Engineering and Management in University of Alberta; and 15 Scholarships for Ghanaian Students to Study in Canada 2021. Try applying for any of the grants and see how it goes.
Meanwhile, don’t hesitate to reach us via the comment section below if you have any questions or comments about this article.
Michael Larry is an instructor and an educationist, who like to bring out the best in other through his inspirational writeup.