The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) created the use of OTP for issues such as a change in universities and courses for students who might need it. the JAMB OTP has been effective.
However, candidates who require any form of change of data are required to pay for the service, which costs N2, 500 excluding the Remita charges and will get a One-Time Password (OTP) to complete the registration.
A one-time password (OTP) is a type of security code that is generated once and then used to verify your identity. You use it to log into websites, apps, online accounts, etc. It’s similar to a password, except that it’s unique to each site/app and lasts just long enough to complete a single login attempt.
Why do we need an OTP?
OTPs are commonly used in two scenarios:
- When you have forgotten your password, you simply enter your email address and click “Forgot my password?” and you will get a link to reset your password. If you don’t receive the link, check your spam folder.
- When you want to prove who you are, you enter your email address and mobile number and click “Confirm my email address”. A message containing a 6-digit code is sent to your phone. Enter the code at the website where you want to log in and you’re done!
Can JAMB send OTP to email?
For the year under review, JAMB does not send an OTP to an email address; they send it to the mobile number you registered with. However, you can get an OTP to your email, if very important.
What is JAMB OTP?
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) OTP is a secure method that the body established . JAMB introduced the system of using OTP for some actions on the portal.
This OTP, which stands for a One-time Password, is used by JAMB as a way to confirm that the person accessing the portal is the actual person.
Can I get my JAMB OTP through email?
JAMB doesn’t send OTP to email addresses. In some situations, candidates can get that, especially on the issue of change of course, institution, or reprinting of the JAMB registration slip.
You can change your course and institution with an active mobile phone number and email address. Getting the OTP can be done if you link your email address during the registration process.
If you have changed your course and institution, you can still send the OTP to your email address.
How long does it take to get JAMB OTP?
JAMB OTP arrives immediately. Candidates who wish to change any information provided on the JAMB student portal, can do that effortlessly but are required to pay the sum of N2,500 excluding the Remita charges.
Note that it doesn’t take time for the OTP to arrive. This OTP will arrive on the candidates’ phones as SMS almost immediately after successful payments. Ensure that your mobile phone is on for you to receive the OTP. And make sure that your mobile data is on to receive the OTP via email.
How can I get my OTP code from JAMB?
- Visit a JAMB office or any JAMB accredited center nearby.
- At the JAMB Office, submit your JAMB registration number, email address, and mobile number. (DE/UTME).
Note that you will submit a copy of your passport to the printed email.
If the information you provided are genuine, they will RESEND the OTP through email. You’re to print out the OTP in a cybercafé because JAMB won’t print it out for you. In your mailbox, you’ll find the OTP.
How to resend the OTP when you have not received it?
Take the following steps:
- Login to your JAMB efacility account with your username and password
- Select your year of examination in the menu.
- Click on UTME Data Correction
- Click on the choice of institution/course correction button.
- Then click on Resend OTP.
Usually, it doesn’t take time for the OTP to arrive. In case you didn’t get it in your inbox, check the spam box. The OTP code from JAMB will be there. With this code, you can use it to log into the JAMB portal.
Does JAMB send OTP to an email address?
Most of the time, JAMB does not send OTP to an email address. Unless in special cases, if you had previously linked your email address during the JAMB registration and had issues like a change of institution and subject, then the OTP would be sent to your email address.
How can I resend my OTP when it is not received?
Sometimes, you may not receive an OTP. Network glitches could be responsible for that. But, you can resend it even if it’s not received. See the way to go about it.
- Click on ‘Resend OTP’
Like I said before, the network could be the ‘culprit’.
- Another tip is to restart your mobile phone. And turn off your mobile data and switch it on again.
- Go through your message permission settings on your mobile phone and allow SMS access to get the OTP.
How do I reset my email?
- To reset your email, check the email address on your registration slip or in the portal. What you see on the email service provider is what you’ll use.
- The next step is to click on “create a new email.”
- Register the email and verify the phone number. That is all!
How many times can I resend JAMB OTP?
The OTP can be resent five times, after which you may need to contact JAMB support to assist if other issues arises.
You need to make sure that your JAMB phone number is correct. This is the number to which JAMB would send an SMS. If you don’t know what line you used, you should check your JAMB Registration or Exam Slip to find out.
Note that JAMB does not send OTP to email address unless on special occasions. If you lose your phone number, please contact JAMB immediately. Good luck!
Michael Larry is an instructor and an educationist, who like to bring out the best in other through his inspirational writeup.